Don V Lax - Classical Violin
About Don V Lax
Don V Lax is a professional violinist living on Maui, Hawaii. An international background and 39 years of experience give his music a flair and fluidity that grace any event.
Don has played violin for over two thousand weddings during the past 15 years. His romantic style, classical training, and modern sensibilities make him the perfect choice for any style of wedding, from classic church wedding to barefoot on the beach. He is available solo or with a wide variety of ensembles, from duo to large group.
Don plays nightly with gifted guitarists Vance Koenig and Bo Shores at Ferraro's Restaurant at The Four Seasons, Wailea, and is available for recording, weddings, and private functions. He also teaches violin to all ages.
He specializes in romantic music from all cultures and has performed for every conceivable occasion, from the most intimate private wedding to an outdoor rock concert for 150,000 people.
"I play music from the heart. Whether it's Bach or Rock, Gypsy or Jazz, Middle Eastern, Tango, Bossa Nova, or Irish Folk, what I want to convey is the passion underlying the notes - the soul of the music."
Full Wedding Repertoire
- Schubert - Ave Maria
- Wagner - Bridal Chorus
- Mendelssohn - Wedding March
- Pachelbel - Canon in D
- Bach - Air, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, Sleepers Awake
- Beethoven - Ode to Joy
- Haendel - The Rejoicing, Allegro Maestoso (alla Hornpipe), Air
- Vivaldi - Spring
- Clarke - Trumpet Tune
- Purcell - Trumpet Voluntary
- Gershwin - Someone to Watch Over Me
- Andrea Bocelli - Con Te Partiro, Romanza, Prayer, O Mare e Tu, La Luna Che Non Ce, Caruso, E Chiove, Le Tue Parole, Canto Della Terra
- Theme from Titanic
- Theme from Somewhere in Time
- All I Ask of You (from "Phantom")
- Sunrise, Sunset
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- What A Wonderful World
- Have I Told You Lately
- Hawaiian Wedding Song